COVID-19 Safety Information
New In-Person Class Requirements
Students can choose to attend two group lessons, two private lessons, or one of each every week. Both group lessons and private lessons will require ADVANCE REGISTRATION, which will now be done through the Life Skill Martial Arts app. Please follow these steps for class registration:
1. Visit the following link on any electronic device (through a web browser, not through the mobile app):
2. Enter our school access code.
3. If you are not already registered to the app, you will need to create a free account
4. From the app’s main screen, click on the three “menu” lines at the top of the page
5. Choose “Class Schedules”
6. Choose the category that matches your belt rank and desired type of class (ie “Red Belt Group Class” or “In-Person Private Lesson”)
7. Choose your desired class date and time
8. In order to add a new participant, you will need to register for the “Dan Program” membership through My Studio, which is completely free. Please follow the given steps to complete your membership registration.
9. Once you have registered all participants, you will be able to finalize your class sign-up!
10. You should receive an email confirmation with your chosen class date and time
Temperature Checks & Hand Washing
Colorado’s Governor Jared Polis has announced a new mask ordinance for all of Colorado, requiring that face masks be worn in all public settings. We take the health and safety of our students and parents seriously, and we also want to be sure that we are in accordance with the new requirements. All parents and students over the age of 10 will be required to wear a face mask at all times while inside the Peak facility. We understand that face masks, while helping to prevent the spread of disease, may make training more difficult for some students. To help ensure the safety and support the performance of our older students, we will be keeping our building cool and our AC fans on at all times during classes to maximize airflow. We ask that you provide your own mask if possible, but we will have some masks available at the front desk for those who may need them. Thank you for your understanding and support in helping us stay safe and stay in line with state ordinance.
We will be offering an amended schedule of 45-minute small group lessons, as well as shorter 20-minute in-person private lessons. In accordance with state mandates, classes will be limited to a maximum of 12 participants. Students and instructors are required to remain 6 feet apart at all times. We have invested in new training equipment so each student will be able to utilize their own Wavemaster punching bags.
Parents of students will also be required to remain outside. They can watch their students from any of the many windows surrounding our training floor from the side walk or from inside their cars.
Our changing room area is also closed until further notice. All students are required to to come to class in their training uniform.
Online Classes and Training Resources
Online Classes & Training Videos
Students are encouraged to download and use our new Life Skill App to continue their training from home. We are honored to be a part of keeping life as normal as possible for our students during these uncertain and rapidly changing times. We will continue to release new videos that students can utilize to continue to advance their Soo Bahk Do training.The “Library” sections of the curriculum in the app will receive new content including videos on kicking and punching techniques, basic combinations, forms, and more. Additionally, students can access other class content from some of our associates, including Master Brian Corrales (Corrales Sa Bom Nim), a sixth degree Soo Bahk Do instructor from Salt Lake City, a children’s “Skillz” instructor from Florida, and other members of the Soo Bahk Do Federation.